Friday, January 4, 2013

Reflections on 2012

As we come to the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 I have taken a bit of time to reflect on how good God has been to us. I am grateful for our time in Canada in the first part of the year visiting most of the 32 churches that partner with our ministry here to support us both financially and in prayer. (We are truly grateful for both of those things and couldn't continue without them.) I am thankful for the wonderful friends that we have made in those various churches and for God's protection on the roads. (And yes, I confess that I am also thankful for the unusually mild winter.)

I am also grateful for God's provision for Sahel Academy (and us personally, on a much smaller scale) through the flood at the beginning of the school year. I am so thankful that this school year was able to continue without too much of an interruption. I am also glad that we were able to help by housing some of our friends who were displaced at the time.

I am really thankful that God provided us with a great house to live in that has lots of room for visitors. We were so blessed to have the Mowchenkos come for a visit with Dan this past November. The boys are especially thankful because they brought Christmas presents from their Grandparents, in fact it might have been a sad Christmas without them because they other packages that were mailed were delayed (the last one just arrived yesterday -Jan. 3rd!). I am grateful for a different kind of Christmas this year that allowed for a balance of personal down time; family time as well as time for visiting with friends and church family.

I am also really grateful for the progress that is being made with the Ministry Centre building. Thanks to all of you who have been involved in helping to support that. Here are the latest pictures of the foundation that is just waiting to have the cement flooring poured.

My prayer is that you can also look back with thanksgiving on your 2012 and know that God has even better plans for your 2013.


No comments: