Monday, February 19, 2007

Snow Days and Other Surprises

You know God is so good! Last Tuesday I decided that the boys had had enough and that they needed a break so I booked tickets to go see my parents for the Reading Week that I have from Brock as a surprise. That afternoon Cole said to me, “It’s not fair. We never get a day off. On Saturdays we have French school and on Sundays we always have to go to different churches and travel around”. That night and the next morning we got a really good snow storm that basically shut down St.Catharines where we live. So, I told the boys the next day that God sometimes answers the prayers that we don’t even pray because He gave them a day off school. (As part of our fun with a day off Ben proved that chicken noodle soup was not only his favourite food, but makes a good toy too!) The other part of the surprise they won’t find out about until tonight!

We had another busy but good weekend this past weekend. On Friday was the not-so Valentines night out in Caistor Centre where we had dinner with 40 or so friends from Caistor. Then on Saturday I (Jenn) went for my Ministerial Candidate interview in Niagara Falls while the boys and Dave went to French classes in Mississauga. We regrouped in St.Catharines and then headed for Picton. We had the pleasure of meeting the lastest addition to the Cylka family (Mary Rose Grace Cylka born on Feb. 8) as well as so many others at the Prince Edward County Free Methodist Church on Sunday. Thanks for such a warm welcome.After the service we went to meet my sister's family in a Tim Horton's in Napanee and were surprised to run into some of the youth from Whitby it sounds like Echo Lake was a happening place this past weekend as well!


The boys and I fly to Florida to visit Grandma and Grandpa this coming Tuesday and return the following Tuesday. So, please pray for Dave as he stays behind to work on school work and to visit the folks at Pineview FMC in Cloyne. I'm somewhat sorry that I am going to miss this Sunday because I had done some practice teaching in Cloyne a long time ago and was wondering if I would run into anyone that I knew.

No comments: