Monday, September 8, 2014

Unexpected Rest

I have given the special blessing this week of time to rest, reflect and pray. It wasn’t really of my own choosing and I really wasn’t expecting it. Unfortunately it wasn’t an all expense paid vacation to a mountain top (or coastal beach) retreat centre (maybe that will come some day!). I simply put my back out and was having a really hard time functioning. So, I spent a few days rotating between laying on my back, walking oh so carefully and sitting in the best chair in our house trying to give the anti-inflammatory drugs a chance to take the swelling down and hopefully get me functioning better. The end result was I got to take lots of naps (although I am not really sure how well I was sleeping at night) and I spent a good deal of time praying and praising. I have had to learn to ask for help with things and I might be driving my family crazy because I haven’t been able to do a whole lot, but maybe they are coming to a better understanding of what I usually do (although sometimes whether they even see half of the things that drive me crazy). The doctor here has switched the anti-inflammatories that she has me on and I seem to be a bit better in the mornings for a bit longer, so hopefully it will resolve itself soon. I am grateful for the rest and the time to refocus on God, but it would be really nice if it didn’t come at such a cost.
 
 

No comments: