Saturday, June 7, 2014

Obstacles or Barriers

So many times in life we face difficulties and most often those are the defining moments in our life. Will we choose to rail against God, have a pity party, or see those situations as one more growing experience? I think I usually fall into the "all of the above" category, but thankfully God is always faithful to see me through.

What I find really tough is knowing when the obstacles that are coming my way are just that: obstacles for me to over come or barriers that are God's way of saying no, this isn't my plan for you. We are supposed to be having a team coming this summer but they have been facing problem after problem and trying to know whether this is another hurtle along the way or God's way of letting them know that they need to reconsider. It is a tough call and one that they will have to make for themselves. I have found that when the obstacles boil down to fear, then that usually isn't God (based on 2 Timothy 1:7). Not to make light of fear, there are things in life that deserve a healthy dose of fear and should be taken seriously, but scripture tells us that that is not how God operates. More often than not when I get caught up in fear it is someone else that is playing with me, not God. Philippians 4:6 & 7 is usually how I deal  with those issues: giving my anxious thoughts to God and looking for his peace. Will you pray with me for this team that they will know what God has planned for them and that He will direct them in His perfect peace?

No comments: