Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How can we pray for you?

Our church in Niger has decided on a month of prayer during the summer break. So every night from 9-10 they are meeting to pray. For anyone who knows me well this is a real stretch for me because I am not an evening person (and more or less shut down around that time). The first night I wasn't able to make it because Ben had a stomach bug, so I got to stay home to clean up after him. But yesterday he was feeling better and I was able to participate. It was good to meet with God as a body in prayer. It is my prayer that God will use this time to awaken the spiritual gifts that He has given to His people, so that the church will be more effective in their ministry and that He will give guidance and wisdom to the church as they seek a deeper relationship with Him. One of the themes for this season of prayer is church planting; the pastor feels that it is time the church become active in reproducing and planting another congregation. During part of the prayer time the people also pray for the various needs that individuals from the congregation bring, are there things that we can pray for you?
Please know that you are a valued part of our ministry here in Niger. We are grateful for the many ways that you partner in our ministry and we are praying for you.

No comments: